Upload speeds - limited in Share File vs. Google Drive

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
I have recently upgraded my business internet to 300 mbps up and down. However, Share File cannot take advantage of this speed. I have done tests ( and been on with support) through Google Drive. For example a 1gb file uploads in just about one minute on google drive, but takes on average 3-4 minutes on Share File. My business transfers batches of large files routinely to clients - the 3-4x difference here easily will turn into hours. I really like the ShareFile service, but wondering why Share File cannot match the same speed as Google Drive? I am going to be testing out Hightail as well, just for comparison. 

As well, my internet speed will be upgraded to 500/500 in the near future...thus if ShareFile is 'capped', the difference will be that much more noticeable. 

Note: the comparison test between Google Drive & Share File was done on the same machine, ethernet connection, same exact file. 

Any answers and solutions to this would be greatly appreciated, I'd love to stick with Share file, but I can't ignore must faster performance with other tools. 
Photo of Jim Steinhaus

Jim Steinhaus

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Marques Deane

Marques Deane, Technical Support Engineer

• 126 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Jim,

Thank you for your inquiry. I understand that you are having issues download and uploading on Sharefile, below is a CTX article that can explain why. 

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX238825

We know that this can be different from company to company so we recommend to put in a case with support and we can further understand more about your network configuration.

Thanks,

Photo of John O'Neal

John O'Neal

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I would like to find a way to increase our upload speed to ShareFile as well.