User Management Tool On-Prem FW Rules for Scheduled Task

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago

We need to submit FW rules to allow traffic to ShareFile but just for the UMT tool and Sync Scripts.  The Scheduled Tasks are per user and the person that set this up is gone and cannot find the Scheduled Tasks – even with show Hidden.  The firewall rules listed for ShareFile are FTP and a bunch of other host names.  I need something more precise or it won’t be approved.

I have Wireshark installed on the server where UMT is installed but it doesn’t show any outbound traffic that is relative.

If I could find the task syntax perhaps that might help or someone could point me in the direction of the documentation that actually lists the FQDN that UMT uses when running the sync.

This does not appear to be documented anywhere and HTTPS any/any will not be approved.  It must be specific range of IP’s or hostname such as a LB VIP or GSLB VIP.

PowerShell get tasks doesn’t show the user task.  The properties of the task don’t show under HKEY USER.  Just the username information.

Where is the script located and what does it connect to?

Is it just the companyFQDN.sharefile.com?  or is it something else?

I wrote a VB Function and pulled in every table related to FW rules and Citrix and there is nothing listed for ShareFile (Citrix Files) UMT console where you have a hybrid mode scenario and a console on a server that runs a scheduled task - to somewhere.

It must be connecting to an FQDN external but cannot find it on Google or Citrix Forums.

It's not FTP, most likely HTTP or HTTPS but Wireshark capture doesn't show anything.  The companyURL.neovialogistics.com is whitelisted on the Web Proxy so this traffic is going straight out.

So it could be that I'm only able to see return traffic of the last hop.  But seems like the task should initiate a connection somewhere but the task is not located under C:\Windows\Tasks OR C:\Windows\System32\Tasks OR C:\windows\SysWOW64\Tasks

It does not show up in Tasks Scheduler.  It does not show up with Powershell command.  

I could assume use the FQDN of companyXYZ.sharefile.com but if I'm wrong the FW rule lock down will break the sync.  It cannot be to broad or it will be declined.

And I need supporting documentation specific to ShareFile User Management Console since this is one internal server to an external destination that has nothing to do with the client end-points, FTP, or anything else.  It is isolated to one server and this ShareFile UMT process.

Does anyone have this information?

Photo of Brian Murphy

Brian Murphy

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Leo

Leo, Official Rep

• 502 Posts
  • 44 Reply Likes
Hi Brian,

Please review this post:  https://community.sharefilesupport.com/citrixsharefile/topics/important-update-regarding-our-sharefi...

All ShareFile content needs to be posted in discussions.citrix.com.

I will need to close this thread.

-Leo

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.