Webhook subscription no longer works since this morning

• Question
  • Updated 3 days ago
Since this morning our webhook subcription is no longer being fired - is tehre a problem with citrix? It worked perfectly for the past 6 months. I tried deleting and recreating a subscription but to no avail. The id of the current subscription is d6fe5b10-5232-6839-aa9a-87ca093b18ac
Photo of Łukasz Trzewik

Łukasz Trzewik

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • confused

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Łukasz Trzewik

Łukasz Trzewik

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes - the lack of any repsonse is the most frustrating thing. I tried contacting their support 3 times already and each tiem they told me that there is nothing that they can do as they don't support this and this forum is the only place where the developers are 'actively' responding...
Photo of Łukasz Trzewik

Łukasz Trzewik

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
So another 4 days have passed and we have not heard a single word from the developers. Webhooks subscriptions are inactive more time then they are active :).
Photo of Gimple Getzle

Gimple Getzle

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Radio silence.
Photo of Temitope Otudeko

Temitope Otudeko

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I was told the APIs are managed by a third party and they cannot do anything to support it over the phone and the forum is the only means of support so goodluck to us.
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
No webhooks received since 7:41 AM Pacific Time today. AGAIN? What's going on??

Please reply and fix ASAP.
Photo of Łukasz Trzewik

Łukasz Trzewik

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Can confirm it's down again. Love the ambience of that forum - developers are not answering at all :).
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hello? No webhooks since 12/13.

Has Citrix abandoned this product?
Photo of Łukasz Trzewik

Łukasz Trzewik

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Still down for us...
Photo of Joseph Pierone

Joseph Pierone

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
We've been in the same boat on all fronts. Spotty Webhooks for the last month with no Webhooks since the 13th which is crashing a new product we built for our customers - forcing us to undo our Launch until this is resolved. This is a critical problem that needs solving.  Any assistance would be appreciated!
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
What is going on here? Citrix - Respond and fix or deprecate the product and say goodbye customers. It’s that simple.
Photo of Austin Nafziger

Austin Nafziger

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Everything is still down for us.  Has anyone had experience with ExaVault? Looking at their services and pricing it looks like a compelling alternative with good marks on customer service and responsiveness.

Webhook documentation looks solid as well and includes... wait for it... logging for webhooks so that you can actually see when things are up and have a history of activity.
Photo of Joseph Pierone

Joseph Pierone

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hey Folks,

I aggressively grabbed for attention in their ShareFile ticket Support, alerted them to the Crisis we are experiencing on this thread, and after some additional poking and prodding (2 weeks worth), got them to escalate and address the webhooks issue.  Right now, all my webhooks appear to be functioning again - I'm curious if everyone else is finally seeing theirs functioning again.
Photo of Łukasz Trzewik

Łukasz Trzewik

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
It did start working for me as well 2 days ago.
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Thanks Joseph - yes, working again here.

I still expect to hear from Citrix directly on this and what they are doing to ensure it does not recur yet again. Abysmally poor showing on their part.
Photo of Joseph Pierone

Joseph Pierone

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yeah, even with the fix still working , I never got an official response back from them that they have indeed fixed the problem.  Strange support team behavior indeed.
Photo of Łukasz Trzewik

Łukasz Trzewik

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is it down for anyone else again atm?
Photo of Andrew Finger

Andrew Finger

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've removed all web hooks from our organization's account.  After they started working again, I found at least one web hook assigned to an incorrect folder.  I'm not sure how that happens, but it did.
I have set up polling, which is a lose-lose compromise.  Stability aside, we cannot afford the lack of integrity experienced.
Photo of Joseph Pierone

Joseph Pierone

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes, the system is down again.  We're going to switch to a polling solution as well because they have shown a critical lack of care for this problem over the last several months.  I'm going to fight to get them to fix this again while we make the switch, but this is beyond acceptable at this point.
Photo of Dmitry

Dmitry

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi guys, what is the polling solution do you mean - is it reports?
Photo of Joseph Pierone

Joseph Pierone

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I don't know the details since I'm a layman regarding the technicals, but my understanding is that Polling allows you to check the folder on scheduled intervals so you aren't relying on webhooks to trigger protocols you have implemented with the ShareFile API.  In our case, we will have to set a rule to check the folder every 15 minutes, and if it sees certain changes, like a new file in the folder, then our systems do what they need to do.  That way, our entire software application doesn't fail every time webhooks don't work.  I understand it's an extra hassle to implement, but it would effectively make the webhook stuff a non-issue.
Photo of Austin Nafziger

Austin Nafziger

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well yea - there are plenty of work arounds, such as using a different product.  From a technical perspective Polling is not only more resource intensive but requires a substantial rebuild.  If we're going to do that then we might as well just build the process with a new vendor.
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Webhooks down again? Citrix - Would you please fix your platform ASAP? This is absurd.
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Updates? What's the deal, Citrix? We are still down, no webhooks since 1/31.
Photo of Joseph Pierone

Joseph Pierone

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Earlier this morning, I used my existing support contact to push for a fix. I noticed the webhooks triggered at 11:35am eastern.  Have you seen it kick back on for you?
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Went back online on 2/5, died again 2/5. We are still down now.
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
What is going on here Citrix? FIX IT
Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Updates? This is still not working.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 22 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Out of curiosity, have you created a support ticket on this issue vs only commenting in a community forum? I would be curious if you are getting better support via that ticket or not.
Photo of Łukasz Trzewik

Łukasz Trzewik

• 34 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Whenever i tried to create a ticket they would tell me that they do not support API issues and they would close it...
Photo of Austin Nafziger

Austin Nafziger

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Same experience - minimal help from support. Finally got my ticket escalated. They made me send them the JSON output listing my webhook subscriptions and specific files that I believe should have triggered those webhooks... the fact they can't do that on their own is mind-boggling.
Photo of Kevin Glenn

Kevin Glenn, Escalation Engineer

• 180 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes
Thank you all very much for reporting this. We request anyone experiencing this concern without an open Support case to contact our support team to open a case using the link below or calling in at 1 (800) 424-8749.

https://www.citrix.com/support/open-a-support-case/

We certainly apologize if you were denied assistance due to the lack of custom API support. In this particular case it can be a little tricky as the webhook service doesn't have a UX and thus needs to be initiated via API, however, once configured it's still a back-end service within the realm of support.

If your case was closed, please call in to re-open it and if you receive any push-back please have the support representative reach out to me directly.

All that said, we are actively working to make improvements on the webhook service as we speak and would be more than happy to provide additional details and updates via your open support cases.

Thank you for your understanding and please do not hesitate to let me know if there are any questions or concerns.

Photo of Adam Cole

Adam Cole

• 27 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Kevin,

While we appreciate this response--and at this point, ANY response--this is still unacceptable and inadequate. The issue with webhooks is not resolved, and you nor anyone else at Citrix have provided any information on what is currently broken, what the plan and timeline to resolution looks like, root cause, etc., all of which should be expected questions for any modern cloud service under the circumstances.

Please address the situation at hand.

Thank you,

Adam
Photo of Zack Stout

Zack Stout

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am less than excited to join this conversation as I have a client whose webhooks are and have been failing for the past few weeks. It is bittersweet to see that other developers are also dead in the water. 

I tried several methods to get this working and have been unsuccessful. I opened a ticket as instructed by Kevin Glenn.

Do we have any insight into when this service will be patched?
Photo of Sherwin Ocubillo

Sherwin Ocubillo

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Webhook is working back again!
Photo of Eveguel Arocha

Eveguel Arocha

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Please check I just registered some but it's now working
Photo of Eveguel Arocha

Eveguel Arocha

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Not Working*
Photo of Zack Stout

Zack Stout

• 16 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
This continues to not work for us. I have a client who uploaded several files but no webhooks were triggered.

We are going to have to find an alternate solution if this isn't resolved soon.