What is the best way to migrate data from our fileserver to sharefile

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
We are trying to migrate our data from our servers which started in 2010. We only the last 3 years. Some these folders have long path names and fail to copy over. Using the Web-DAV seems to present the most problems in not copying the data over in a suitable amount of time nor does it create the folders after a certain level. The error is 'A device attached to the system is not functioning" When using the Drivemapper tool we tend to run out of space on on C drive because of the cache. I have tried using all manner of tools including Robocopy and Richcopy etc. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks
Photo of Michael

Michael

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Keith Moore

Keith Moore

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We used the ShareFile Data Migration Tool. https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX215005
Photo of Marcelo Rizzo

Marcelo Rizzo

• 32 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
This is a huge limitation with that tool
  • This tool does not support migrating more than 50,000 folders.
There is also a 100K file limit. Which they don't tell you.

I used beyond compare with drive mapper. Which took about a month to compare and copy the various folders.
Photo of Keith Moore

Keith Moore

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
We didn't run into a problem with file size. Many of our files that transferred were much larger than 100k. It did take longer than we projected to complete. In our migration, we sent our top level directories separately to ShareFile and did not run into the folder limit.